Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Edge of Falling By: Rebecca Serle (WoW #3)

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week my Waiting on Wednesday is The Edge of Falling By: Rebecca Serle. If you know me and if you read my blog, then you'd know I am a sucker for YA contemporary, and this one just caught my eye.

Title: The Edge of Falling
Author: Rebecca Serle
Shelves: Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Publication Date: March 18th, 2014
Publishing Company: Simon Pulse


Summary From Goodreads:
Growing up in privileged, Manhattan social circles, Caggie’s life should be perfect, and it almost was until the day that her younger sister drowned when Caggie was supposed to be watching her. Stricken by grief, Caggie pulls away from her friends and family, only to have everyone misinterpret a crucial moment when she supposedly saves a fellow classmate from suicide. Now she’s famous for something she didn’t do and everyone lauds her as a hero. But inside she still blames herself for the death of her sister and continues to pull away from everything in her life, best friend and perfect boyfriend included. Then Caggie meets Astor, the new boy at school, about whom rumours are swirling and known facts are few. In Astor she finds someone who just might understand her pain, because he has an inner pain of his own. But the more Caggie pulls away from her former life to be with Astor, the more she realises that his pain might be darker, and deeper, than anything she’s ever felt. His pain might be enough to end his life…and Caggie’s as well.


Reasons why I absolutely cannot wait for this book:
1) SETTING: It takes place in Manhattan, and that's my city lovelies! I absolutely love Manhattan and cannot resist books set in this amazing city.
2) COVER: I try not to judge a book by its cover, but this one is a good judgement:) Look at that beautiful cover. I adore the way the bright red flats pop out against the blurry blue of the city below. I haven't seen a cover like this in a while and it really drew me in.
3) PLOT: The Edge of Falling sounds like an edgy new contemporary. There's romance and all the fluffy things in between, and then there's the dark, sinister side. I love these types of novels.

I would absolutely die for a copy of this book *hints at Simon Pulse* I can't wait until March 18th!!! I really can't! What are you all waiting on this Wednesday?

xoxo,
Fiction_TheNewReality

No comments:

Post a Comment